Below are some common questions we receive about CTEC and our workshops and educational events. If we can be of further assistance, please contact our team on (08) 6488 8044.
For Coronavirus (COVID-19) Q&As and information relating to COVID-19 in relation to CTEC workshops, please view Coronavirus (COVID-19) - Workshop Information for Participants
How do I sign up for a workshop?
Please register online using the "Book Now" button which is featured alongside the workshop dates.
What is the CTEC Privacy statement?
CTEC is committed to protecting your privacy and the confidentiality and security of personal information provided by you to us.
The personal information you provide in this form will be used by CTEC to:
- Process your registration form, which may include updating your record and profile information;
- Contact you in the event of cancellation
- Conduct analysis or market research to identify the ongoing needs of registrants
- Provide you with access to information about a range of current and future courses and associated events administered by CTEC
CTEC may disclose the personal information, which you provide to external service providers to whom we have contracted out functions such as printers or mailing houses, but only for the purposes outlined above.
You have a right to access any personal information which CTEC holds about you, subject to the exceptions in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth). Please contact CTEC if you would like to access or correct the personal information we hold about you.
What happens if I can not attend a workshop I have already paid for?
Please notify us in writing of your inability to attend and also call our offices on (08) 6488 8044.
The following applies to all cancellations:
- Cancellations advised in writing (30 days) will be refunded in full, less an administration fee of 10% of the course fee.
- Cancellations received between 8 and 29 days prior to the event will receive a 50% refund less an administration fee of 10% of the course fee.
- A refund will not be granted if a registrant cancels up to one week before the course or fails to attend.
- Full payment is required on registration.
- CTEC reserves the right to cancel planned workshops, conferences, symposia, courses or other events held by CTEC, even at short notice.
- In the event of cancellation, all paid CTEC fees will be refunded. This precludes any other claims.
- If a nominated presenter is unable to present at a CTEC event then another presenter will be engaged by CTEC.
What responsibilities do I have when attending a CTEC workshop or event?
- If requested, participants must be able to provide proof of professional status.
- Participants must arrange their own parking in accordance with UWA parking regulations.
- CTEC will not be liable for loss of personal property or parking fines incurred.
- Participants agree to read and abide by all CTEC Health and Safety Guidelines provided.
- Participants will not take photos when in the Hill Surgical Workshop, unless approved by a CTEC staff member.
What should I wear to a workshop at CTEC?
In line with our Health and Safety Policy, please wear closed in shoes.
See Information Sheet on Footwear Requirements
As the workshop is maintained at an even cool temperature, warm clothing is strongly recommended.