CTEC accepts registrations from Australian states and territories deemed as very low COVID-19 risk jurisdictions by Western Australia's Chief Medical Officer. The participant's state or territory of origin must be designated as a very low COVID-19 risk jurisdiction at the date of the CTEC workshop for the registrant to be eligible for participation. CTEC's Terms and Conditions apply. Quarantine requirements continue to apply to travellers to WA from states and territories deemed low risk and medium risk jurisdictions. Please see links to the WA Government's Controlled Interstate Border Page and to CTEC's Terms and Conditions below for further information.
Interstate Registration Information:
Western Australia maintains a safe and sensible controlled interstate border based on the latest public health advice.
Visit here for more Information on Western Australia's controlled interstate border.
- CTEC face to face workshop registrations are welcome from medical professionals from very low risk COVID-19 jurisdictions - QLD, NSW, SA, TAS, ACT or NT - who are not required to quarantine upon entry to Western Australia. They must comply to WA's conditions of entry. Please contact CTEC on 08 6488 8044 or email@example.com for further information. CTEC Terms and Conditions apply.
- Participants from medium risk jurisdictions - currently VIC - are not permitted to enter WA without an exemption through G2G Pass. Visitors to WA from medium risk jurisdictions must self-quarantine at a suitable premises for 14 days and must comply with WA's conditions of entry. Please contact CTEC on 08 6488 8044 or firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
- Those interested in attending future CTEC face to face workshops should contact CTEC on 08 6488 8044 or email@example.com for advice on potential options.
Registrations are unrestricted for 100% Online CTEC Courses such as the GSS Training Course.
The latest Western Australian COVID-19 news and advice may be found at the Western Australian Government's COVID-19 coronavirus: Latest Updates page.
Please see further information below regarding International registrations.
WA Registration Information
WA Participants are able to register online for our CTEC workshops. To find a CTEC workshop, please view CTEC Workshops.
CTEC Terms and Conditions apply.
If you have any further questions regarding a CTEC workshop, please feel free to contact CTEC on 08 6488 8044 or firstname.lastname@example.org
CTEC COVID Safety Plan:
CTEC has implemented a Government of Western Australia CTEC COVID Safety Plan adhering to government conditions on social distancing.
For further information about CTEC's COVID-19 safety strategies, contact 08 6488 8044 or email@example.com
Regular updates will be posted on our web site as the COVID-19 situation progresses.
Australian Border Restrictions
Australia's borders are closed to everyone except for Australian residents, citizens and their family. All people entering Australia must quarantine for 14 days after arrival and may have to comply with other state and territory travel restrictions. CTEC regrets that from 19 October 2020 to the date of Australian border restrictions being lifted any registrations by medical professionals based outside of Australia will not be accepted by CTEC, and will be subject to an administration fee of 10% of the workshop/course fee to be taken from the course fee refund.
Further information may be found at the Australian Government Department of Health Web site.
What happens if CTEC cancels or postpones any workshops?
If a workshop at CTEC is cancelled or postponed the Course Coordinator will be in contact with you via phone or email. We will endeavour to advise you as soon as possible, however a workshop at CTEC may be cancelled at any time without notice.
CTEC will be able to offer you a transfer of your CTEC registration fees towards the same workshop if it is postponed to a future date. Alternatively, in the event of a cancellation by CTEC, you will also be offered the option a full refund of CTEC Workshop fees. Please contact CTEC Senior Course Coordinator John Linehan to discuss on T +61 86488 8049 or E firstname.lastname@example.org
What are my options with regards to my CTEC fees if I become unwell with COVID-19, if my work leave is cancelled due to COVID-19, or if I am unable to have leave from my hospital due to COVID-19?
Under these three COVID-19 related circumstances, you have the option to transfer your payment towards the same workshop, to be held at a future date. In the event of a cancellation CTEC's Terms and Conditions apply. Please contact the CTEC Course Coordinator for further information on (08) 6488 8044.
What happens if a medical professional based outside Australia registers on a CTEC 2021 face to face workshop after 19 October 2020?
Any registrations by medical professionals based outside of Australia after 19 October 2020 until the date of the lifting of Australian COVID-19 border restrictions will not be accepted by CTEC and will also be subject to an administration fee of 10% of the workshop/course fee taken from the course fee refund.
For all other registrant cancellations not related to COVID-19, please see CTEC’s Terms and Conditions.
Non-COVID-19 related cancellations are subject to the refund and administration fee terms outlined in this document.
Please notify CTEC in writing of your inability to attend and also call our offices on (08) 6488 8044.
Who Can or Should Not Attend Future CTEC Workshops?
COVID-19 can cause a variety of symptoms and it can take up to 14 days for symptoms to show after a person has been infected.It is possible that people could be contagious shortly before showing symptoms. Symptoms can range from mild illness to pneumonia-like symptoms. Affected people may experience:
• flu-like symptoms such as coughing, sore throat and headaches, body aches and pains, runny or stuffy nose, fatigue
• difficulty breathing
• loss of the sense of taste or smell
Please stay at home and do not attend if you are feeling unwell with any of the above symptoms.
• Anyone who is NOT experiencing the COVID-19 symptoms outlined above, or flu or cold like symptoms
• Anyone who has NOT had close contact with someone who has a confirmed case of COVID-19 in the 14 days prior to a CTEC workshop or in the 14 days prior to a visit to CTEC. You must isolate yourself for 14 days after the date of last contact with a confirmed case.
Participants who have been tested for COVID-19 must follow the advice of the Department of Health and refrain from participating in CTEC workshops until confirmed to be cleared.
Further information from The University of Western Australia about COVID-19 FAQ’s is available at UWA COVID-19 FAQs
CTEC will continue to provide any changes via the CTEC website relating to CTEC Workshops as developments unfold. Participants who have registered for a CTEC workshop will also receive information from their Course Coordinator if any of the above information changes in relation to any workshops that are either postponed or cancelled.