This highly practical one day cadaveric workshop aimed at providing participants with the most efficient techniques for advanced laparoscopic colorectal surgery, including safe colon mobilisation and techniques for vessel control.
Only 1 participant place remaining!
The workshop aims to provide participants the opportunity to gain and consolidate skills in dissection techniques and knowledge of anatomy associated with colorectal resections. This cadaveric workshop will also feature case scenarios and discussions, whilst allowing sufficient time for practising skills in a supportive environment with a high faculty to participant ratio. Limited places for Observers are available.
Trainees will deepen their understanding and skills in the following areas:
Demonstration and Cadaveric Practical Sessions
- Safe laparoscopic colorectal dissection techniques
- Laparoscopic right hemicolectomy
- Laparoscopic high anterior resection (left hemicolectomy)
- Entry techniques
- Trocar and instrument placement
- Dissection techniques and vessel control
- Blunt and sharp dissection
- Energised dissection
- Sealing vessels, staplers, clips and energised sealers
- Patient preparation
- Case discussion on critical points during surgery
- Fresh frozen human cadaveric dissection
- Didactic sessions
- All meals and refreshments
- Limited places to maximise practical learning time
Non-WA Participant: $1020
WA Participant: $970
Theatre Nurses: Free of charge
Workshop content, date and convenors may be subject to change or cancellation due to unforeseen circumstances.
The University of Western Australia
Entrance No.2 Hackett Drive, Crawley
Perth, Western Australia