The Core Skills: Comprehensive Neck Anatomy Workshop aims to increase participants’ knowledge and confidence in performing neck surgery. It is particularly valuable for those who have limited procedural exposure in the clinical setting.
This new cadaveric workshop will provide hands on mentoring through comprehensive demonstration and practical surgical sessions, providing a thorough understanding of neck anatomy and related approaches.
Faculty will provide participants with expert, practical feedback. The highly realistic cadaveric models provide near normal tissue properties for surgical approaches.
A detailed anatomical session utilising neck prosections will be followed by eight demonstration and practical cadaveric sessions covering the following procedures:
- Skin flap elevation
- Sternomastoid dissection
- Nerve identification: accessory nerve, superficial cerical plexus, transverse cervical and greater auricular nerves
- Posterior triangle and thoracic duct dissection
- Carotid sheath dissection
- Thyroid - lateral and superior pole dissection
- Thyroid - inferior pole and recurrent laryngeal nerve dissection
- Submandibular gland dissection
All practical sessions are preceded by video demonstrations of these procedures. Small groups of three participants per cadaveric station will rotate throught the eight sessions.
- Fresh frozen human cadaveric dissection
- Didactic sessions
- All meals and refreshments
Non-WA Participant: $580
WA Participant: $480
Workshop content, date and convenors may be subject to change or cancellation due to unforeseen circumstances.
The University of Western Australia
Entrance No.2 Hackett Drive, Crawley
Perth, Western Australia