CTEC and King Edward Memorial Hospital have collaborated to provide a unique opportunity for trainees in Gynaecologic Surgery. The new Core Skills: Gynaecologic Hysteroscopy, Laparoscopy and Open Surgery workshop is aimed at RANZCOG trainees who wish to improve their anatomical knowledge and develop their clinical procedural and surgical skills.
Only 2 places remaining!
Trainees wishing to register for this workshop should ideally have completed Modules 1 - 5 of the KEMH Laparoscopic Curriculum (2019).
This innovative and intensive full day cadaveric workshop is designed to assist participants in acquiring the skills associated with competency in clinical practice. Workshop sessions reflect Trainee clinical skills requirements outlined in the FRANZCOG Curriculum. The workshop focuses on technical and non-technical skills, using a combination of peer to peer learning and expert demonstration in an interactive environment.
The workshop consists of morning and afternoon practical cadaveric sessions. Both feature 100% hands-on content. There will be two participants and one facilitator per station.
Morning Practical Cadaveric Surgical Session:
- Hysteroscopy - peer learning and teaching, practical tips and tricks from the experts covering: stack setup and troubleshooting, care of the equipment; diagnostic and operative hysteroscopy
- Laparoscopy practical - peer learning and teaching, practical tips and tricks from the experts, patient selection, entry techniques and port site planning
- Hysterectomy practical - laparoscopic hysterectomy step by step, restoring anatomy, round ligament, IP ligament, bladder reflection, uterines, colpotomy and closure
Afternoon Practical Cadaveric Surgical Session:
- Laparoscopic pelvic side wall and pelvic floor dissections and uterolysis
- Caveus Retzius dissection
- Laparotomy: Adhesiolysis, retroperitoneal dissection and evisceration
- Demonstrations: Mid-urethral sling principles and practice and sacrospinous fixation
- Fresh frozen human cadaveric dissection
- Places are limited to 6 to maximise practical learning time
WA Participant who has completed Modules 1-5 of the KEMH Laparoscopic Curriculum at time of registration: $1165
Non-WA Participant or WA Participant who has NOT completed Modules 1-5 at time of registration: $1380
No discount applies if modules are completed between registration and date of workshop.
Workshop content, date and convenors may be subject to change or cancellation due to unforeseen circumstances.
The University of Western Australia
Entrance No.2 Hackett Drive, Crawley
Perth, Western Australia