Mr Richard J Martin began surgical training in 1996 and has two years post fellowship training specifically in Oncoplastic Breast Surgery encompassing all aspects of:
• Breast augmentation
• Breast reduction
• Breast reconstruction including: implants / expanders, Latissimus Dorsi flaps and TRAM flaps
• Breast oncology
• Sentinel node biopsy
Mr Martin also has experience and expertise in treating thyroid and parathyroid diseases, varicose veins, Melanoma, skin cancers and all general surgical conditions. He has specific expertise in Laparoscopic Hernia Surgery, Laparoscopic Splenectomy, Laparoscopic Adrenalectomy and Vascular Access Surgery.
Mr Martin holds several current office bearing positions with the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons, including:
• Post Fellowship Training Committee of BreastSurgANZ
• Professional Development Committee
• Fellowship Services Committee
• WA State CCrISP (Care of the Critically Ill Surgical Patient) representative
• CCrISP Director and instructor
• Deputy Chair SEC (Skills Education Committee)
• ASSET (Australasian Surgical Skills Education and Training) instructor
Mr Martin is committed to providing the highest level of surgical expertise and care for his patients. He is an active member of the breast section of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons (BreastSurgANZ) and participates fully in the National Breast Audit. Mr Martin has published and presented both nationally and internationally and is dedicated to the development and progression of Oncoplastic Breast Surgery in Australia and New Zealand.